We're celebrating all-things self this month - self-care, self-love and of course self-indulgence! A celebration of who we are.
This month's recipe comes courtesy of the lovely folks at the pioneering plant-based vegan restaurant Stem & Glory.
It's raw, vegan and ticks all the boxes as a perfect pick-me-up to treat yourself, or as a weekend dessert to impress your guests.
Raw Raspberry ‘Cheese' Cake
Makes 12 portions
This cheesecake has been with Stem & Glory since the start. We serve a raspberry one at our restaurants now, but it’s fab with many different seasonal or frozen fruits - mango, mixed berry, blackberries, blueberries. It also works really well to sub the fruit with cocoa or melted chocolate. It’s a rich, creamy delicious and indulgent treat.
Cashews 110g (can also use almonds)
Desiccated coconut 100g
Pitted dates 265 g
Coconut oil (melted) 30g
Vanilla powder 2.5g
Cocoa powder 5g
- Soak the cashews (or almonds) in some water for 15 minutes. Drain and discard the water.
- Add the cashews (or almonds) and all ingredients of step 2 to a food processor and pulse until a sticky, crumbly mixture is made.
- Line a 25 cm springform tin with baking paper. Place base mix into the tin and flatten evenly as much as you can. Press down well and smooth using the back of a spoon.
Maple Syrup 220g
Lemon Juice 100g
Coconut Oil (melted) 220g
Vanilla Powder 5g (can also use extract)
Pinch Sea Salt
Raspberries (fresh or frozen) 110g
2 tsp Soy lecithin – can also sub almond flour, tapioca flour or guar gum
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain and discard the water.
- Add the cashews and all ingredients except the lecithin into a blender and blend until a smooth and viscous liquid has formed. If your blender is low powered, this may take 10 mins or more.
- Thoroughly stir the lecithin into the liquid, then pour over the base.
- Leave in the fridge to set, or freeze and leave out for an hour to defrost.
We serve ours with some berry compote. You can also serve with fresh berries, or just eat it straight from the fridge! Enjoy.
Sign up to our newsletter, and receive our monthly recipe via email (plus 10% off your first purchase!)