This weeks recipe is so quick and easy, and can be made with ingredients that you likely have sat in your kitchen cupboards already! Ideal for when you have last minute guests popping over, or for something simple to pile into your picnic basket.
Etta loved getting involved with making these, and choosing which biscuit cutters to use. It's so important to get kids spending time and having fun in the kitchen, and this recipe makes that oh-so-simple.
120g Plain Flour
120g Mature Cheddar Cheese (or any block cheese you like - Red Leicester would give a great colour, or choose Extra Mature Cheddar for an even stronger taste!)
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- Preheat your oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5.
- In a large mixing bowl, pop all the ingredients together in one go, then use your hands to mix until a dough forms. You don't need to keep kneading the dough like bread, just until it all comes together.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm, or slightly thicker if you want a softer biscuit. Choose your cutters and keep cutting out your biscuits and gathering and re-rolling the scraps until all of the dough is gone.
- Place the biscuits onto a lightly floured baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Let cool for around 15-20 minutes before you dig in and enjoy!