Etta's Special Easter Egg Nest Treats
This recipe takes less than an hour in the kitchen and can be made with ingredients you already have at home and of course includes Etta's special ingredient to make them even more moreish.
You can safely leave most of this recipe to your little people (apart from the bit that involves boiling water!) while you supervise with a cuppa. Just make sure you're all wearing Aprons as the melted chocolate can get quite messy! My favourite Wildlife in Spring Apron made an appearance for this, and Etta of course chose her favourite London Icons Apron.
● 230g of your favourite chocolate (we always go for Dairy Milk)
● 80g Rice Krispies/Cornflakes (or you could mix the two)
● 50g butter
● 2 tbsp honey or golden syrup OR Etta's secret ingredient - a Daim bar to add some extra chewiness!
● 48 chocolate mini eggs (or as many as you want!)
1. Line a 12-hole cake tin with your cupcake cases - we quite often use reusable silicone cases
2. Melt the chocolate, butter, and honey/syrup/Daim bar together in a bowl using a bain-marie (on top of a saucepan filled with simmering water) making sure the water doesn’t touch the chocolate. I prefer this to using the microwave as it gives you more control. Stir occasionally until fully combined and smooth.
3. Remove the bowl from heat as soon as all of your ingredients have melted together so they don't burn. Gently stir your cereal in until all of it is coated and glistening in yummy chocolate goodness.
4. Portion up the mixture between the 12 cases and top up each nest with some eggs. Decorate however you like!
5. Chill in your fridge until completely set.
The last step is my favourite part - enjoy with a lovely cuppa! And leave some out for the Easter Bunny, of course.