Etta’s Easter Egg Nest Treats
Posted on April 08 2022
Etta's Easter Egg Nest Treats
This recipe takes less than an hour in the kitchen and can be made with ingredients you already have at home. You can safely leave most of this recipe to your little people, whilst you supervise with a lovely cuppa.
● 230g of your favourite chocolate
● 80g Rice Krispies/Cornflakes (or you could mix the two!)
● 50g butter
● 2 tbsp honey (or golden syrup) OR a Mars Bar for extra caramel chewiness. (Etta chose a Daïm bar - it was GOOD!)
● 48 chocolate mini eggs (or as many as you want!)
1. Line a 12-hole cake tin with your cupcake cases.
2. Melt the chocolate, butter, and honey (or Mars Bar) together in a bowl on top of a saucepan filled with simmering water. (Making sure the water doesn’t touch the chocolate). Stir occasionally until fully combined and smooth.
3. Remove the bowl from heat. Gently stir your cereal in until all of it is coated and glistening in yummy chocolate goodness.
4. Portion up the mixture between the 12 cases and top up each nest with some eggs. Decorate however you like!
5. Chill in your fridge until completely set.
Of course, the last step is to enjoy, with a lovely cuppa! And leave some out for the Easter Bunny, of course.