I'm not entirely sure this week's Summer Fun recipe can even really be counted as a recipe, because it only uses three ingredients and takes just minutes to put together!
A delicious, healthy, and satisfying snack for kids and adults alike, this is my take on a classic American snack, ants on a log. We love apples in this house, so it made perfect sense to us to swap out the celery for slices of apple instead.
Make sure you get a high-quality Peanut Butter too, ideally made without added sugar or salt. Our fave is Whole Earth Crunchy peanut butter.
And of course, now is a perfect time for British Apples! Try out different varieties, like the Discovery or Braeburn for a slightly different taste.
- Two apples per three children, or one per adult
- A jar of peanut butter (or almond butter, or even chocolate spread)
- A bag of raisins
- Core your apple and then chop it in half, before then cutting each half into slices that are around 1cm thick
- Using a teaspoon, dab a little peanut butter onto each slice. Using a small knife (ideally a butter knife, if you have one!) carefully spread the peanut butter on to each slice. If you have a particularly juicy apple, just dab each slice with some kitchen roll to remove any excess juice.
- Sprinkle a few raisins on top of each slice.
- Enjoy! (don't forget to make yourself a cuppa to enjoy a few seconds peace whilst the children are enjoying the snack).
Let me know how you get on with this recipe, and remember to use #myvictoriaeggs to share your photos on social media.
Love, Victoria x