We recently launched a range of bamboo and cotton face masks. Our aim was to create the best possible face mask we could, one that was comfy to wear, soft against your face and avoids steamy glasses! We decided to use bamboo as our lining due its incredible versatility and numerous added benefits.
OUR TOP TEN REASONS FOR USING BAMBOO!
- Antibacterial; bamboo possesses an anti-bacteria and anti-fungal bio-agent making the face mask healthier and more hygienic to wear. This should last through numerous washes.
- Soft to Touch; Bamboo is one of the softest fabrics on the planet.
- Hypoallergenic; natural bamboo does not cause allergic reactions making it perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- Eco-friendly; bamboo requires no chemicals and very little water to grow, it absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than cotton and releases more oxygen into the environment improving air quality. Bamboo is the most environmentally friendly fabric on the planet!
- Breathable and Thermo-regulating; it has moisture absorption and ventilation allowing you to stay comfortable whatever the weather. It keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Highly sweat absorbent; bamboo pulls moisture away from your skin, keeping your face dry.
- UV protective; bamboo fabric cuts out 98% of harmful UV rays.
Sustainable; Bamboo is is one of the fastest growing plants in the world and can grow a massive 120cm per day! It is resilient and does not need fertilisers or pesticides.
- Very little waste & Versatility; virtually every part of the bamboo plant is used to make a wide variety of products including; clothing, furniture, bikes, beer, toothbrushes, surfboards, paper and medicine. Now that’s what I call versatile!
- Biodegradable; Bamboo is 100% natural and biodegradable and leaves minimal impact on the environment. So when you've finished with your mask, you can be happy knowing that it will return to the earth with little impact on the environment.
On top of all of this, our face masks, which are available in 4 eye-catching designs, are proudly handmade in Britain.
Digitally printing and cutting the face masks.
Hand sewing the pleated face mask.
Hand sewing the fitted/shaped face mask.
After the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak the governments advice in the UK is to wear a face covering which safely covers the nose and mouth and securely fits round the side of the face.
Face coverings are not classified as PPE (personal protective equipment) however they are intended to protect others, not the wearer, against the spread of infection because they cover the nose and mouth, which are the main confirmed sources of transmission of virus that causes coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
Whatever style face mask you decide on, please cover up to protect others, stay safe and to try to help the world get rid of this devastating virus.
Shop our full range of face masks here.